Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chocolate fudge Brownies

G'day people! Heres the best brownies recipe I've come across, I got it off this awesome site called "verybestbaking.com". I've made it many times and my h0me still asks for it. A few people have asked me for it so here it is for ya'll to use. It's one of those real moist and heavy kind just the way it should be and a real treat for us chocolate junkies. BTW, I bake it without the nuts and thats the way most people who have eaten this like it. Have fun.

Ingredients:

  • 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 bars (4 oz in total) broken into pieces(not the extremely sweet kind, turns out better)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

MICROWAVE sugar, butter and water in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once. Remove from heat. Add baking bars; stir until melted.

STIR in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tottemo oisisou desune!!
I really like brownies, so I will try to cook it when I have time.

Naomi

Junior said...

Please do that. if you use what i post it's worth the work.

Aich said...

Are those the brownies you bring over? They're so good! Itsumo arigato!

Junior said...

Yes they are the very same.

Tsutomu said...

Hi Junior !
I was thinking of which entry I should leave my comment and chose my favorite. This brownies is amazing ! I had 5 of these at Hanami ! Hope you bake this for my wife and me next time !

Anonymous said...

Hay Junior !!how are you doing??
i made Brownies the other day ... and it was ... it came out wierd ... but my family liked it !! maaan i want to eat Brownies that you make !!yeah ... the food you made were soooo good !!arigatou ne !!i miss your food ... hope i can visit there and eat your oishii food !!
love and miss you junior !!

aika

rachel said...

hey haven't tried them yet but they look moist although not as dark as my granny's. Going to compare them next time we have leftover sugar high money