- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 bars (4 oz in total) broken into pieces(not the extremely sweet kind, turns out better)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
MICROWAVE sugar, butter and water in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once. Remove from heat. Add baking bars; stir until melted.
STIR in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.