Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chicken & Mushroom Risotto


So it's Italian for dinner again people. I just can't help it, I love Italian food. This time it's risotto. This goes very well with rice(not genmai, but if that's all there is then shoganai), and mashed potatoes. And heres what you need to do it. (Oh.. and one more thing, when I say cup or cups in this recipe I mean about the size of a coffee mug, not one of those cup with all the numbers on it.)

6cups of water
4 bay leaves
2 pinches of rosemary1tbsp of red ground chile
.5 tsp of sage
.5 tsp of thyme
1 head of garlic
1.5 tbsp of ground senna leaves(don't panic if you don't have it)
1 clump of mushrooms
5 tbsp of butter
1 and . 25 cups of flour
4 cups of milk
2 tbsp of salt
some pepper
2 tbsp of consome(or chicken stalk , in western countries, I think)

The chicken:
2 kgs of chicken breast
1 cup of flour
1.5 tbsp of salt
a few shakes of pepper
some oil
1 tbsp on of butter per batch of chicken.

lets get cracking. Heres how to do the sauce. Get a big pot and throw in the water, leaves, herbs and the red chile. Chop all that garlic and chuck that in there along with the mushrooms and boil it on medium for 15min.
In a pan, melt the butter and combine it with the flour bit by bit and then toss in the milk and stir until there are no lumps. Then put it all together and finally flavor with the salt, pepper and consome.

And here's how to do the chicken. Cut up the breasts, get a big pan and put in enough oil to fill it up a quarter inch. Then put in a table spoon of butter, let the butter melt and then and place the pieces along side each other and cook covered on medium heat. When doing another batch put more butter more butter in the pan. Enjoy.

4 comments:

babylove said...

Oh no, What do you mean, your cups are not the ones w/ the "numbers?" would you mind telling me then approx how many ml. or oz. your coffee mug is. Japanese "cups" are 200 ml. but US cups are 240. What about Australian missionary?

Junior said...

I am a bit strange some times and you kinda need to wink at some of my quirks, lol. When I say cup I am talking about something the size of the average coffee cup. I do have a baking cup but I seldom use it. I could though if it makes things easier.

Nina said...

I never knew what "risotto" was - always got the mental image of okayu for some reason. This looks & sounds very delicious, though.

Anonymous said...

Uuuuuummmm... that one was the most... maybe... yummiest chicken I ever tasted. I hope you make it some time again!
-Keita-