Thursday, April 24, 2008

Indian Butter Chicken


I came across this delightful recipe from India on youtube.com. The chef uses fresh tomatoes which I substituted with a half a cup of tomato paste. He also used coriander seeds which I am out of at the moment so I used about 1 tbsp of tumeric instead. It tasted really good and I got great comments from those live I with about it. We'll see more of this on my table for sure. I definitely recommend it to any one who wants a chilled out but tasty Indian meal. Ad this guy is really fun to watch, amen? Haha. Love the way he cooks and talks and hes darn good at what he does.
BTW, the reason my dish looks orange and not red is that I didn't use food coloring at all. I stay away from those because red food coloring is made from crushing a red beetle and getting the juice out of it. Sounds gross doesn't it so I didn't put any of that in my meal. And plus I like to keep my meals and food as natural as possible so I don't use coloring and generally prepare my food from scratch. I bit more work ,I must admit, but you get faster the more you do it and we're talking a far superior flavor. So natural it is for me and mine.
Another thing I would like to add is I don't use plastic spatulas when I fry food because over time they melt and those particles go into your body and are toxic. I also don't use Teflon pans because they're loaded with unnatural chemicals and are unhealthy, even though they require less oil. You're way better off using a cast iron pan/pot with a bit more oil and getting bit of exercise then putting that junk into your system. This may sound a bit extreme to some, but just devote a little time to research and you will likely come to the same conclusion. Just remember that the people that sell food and such products are not doctors, and they are interested in making money and not so interested in our health(if you wanna know more about this and other food related info let me know). So Research anything that you use on a regular basis and check whether its healthful or not.

11 comments:

aich said...

I found your blog! I like it. I will be back!

Anonymous said...

Good job Junior ! Heh. Sounds like you definitely know what yr talking about. COME OVER AND MAKE IT!
-Jeosh

babylove said...

Oh...I am soooo going to link you! If you link me. I will be back. And your pics are like, gormet comepared to mine. So fun! Tx for the luv! -- AL'

Junior said...

You guys are great! The coolest part of cooking is eating, of course, but a close second is hearing how much other people like it. Oh and I suck at photography. The pixies are Christians handiwork. Without his skills the, as good as the food may be,I don't think people would want to make it if I was taking the photos.

kenfrog said...

Good tips. I hate food coloring too, unless I HAVE to use them to decorate a child's birthday cake...and I say "HIDE" to my conscience.

Junior said...

Haha... no kidding.

Christian said...

Hi Jr. That was a great curry. I never post on blogs but I have to here because this meal like all the others you have been making deserve a standing ovation. I haven't eaten this good in years.

babylove said...

Jr. you have been officially linked to! Mwaa! Any suggestions from you or Christian for a good place to start w/ Thai? I've been scared of it for yrs & yrs. Right up there with Vietnamese as far as my preference. hee!

babylove said...

Jr, you have been officially linked to! Spread the Love! I'll write a post for my 3 person readership. hee. Good stuff. ---Al

Junior said...

Thanks Al. You rock! By the above I don't exactly know what you mean when you say "where to start with Thai". But I don't think Mister C. will be able to help you as he doesn't cook. By a "good place" do you mean a recipe book? I cook Asian frequently, usually Indonesian or Indian. Not so much Thai, but if thats what you're looking for I can post a few more.

Anonymous said...

How that guy says "Butter Chicken" is quite funny. Anyways, it's really good.
-Keita-