Monday, April 14, 2008

Vegetarian Pasta Sauce


Hey guys! Welcome to my new blog. I hope you find it useful. I thought I would start with a simple vegetarian pasta. With the following measurements Ive got about 20 people in mind. Lets get to work then.

4 heads of garlic

3tbsps of red crushed chile

7 bay leaves

2 pinches of rosemary

2tbsp of basil

1.5tbsp of oregano

2 tbsp of crushed senna leaves(if unavailable, no worries)

1 tbsp of molokhia crushed(if unavailable, no worries)

2 clumps of mushrooms

3 onions

4 green peppers

2 cans of black olives

3 cups of tomato paste

14 cups of water

3.5 tbsp of salt

pepper to taste

3 tbsp of brown sugar

And heres how it works. Pull out that old chopper and chop up all that garlic. Preheat the oil with very low heat then chuck in the garlic along with the leaves, herbs and the Chile and cook with low heat for about 15 min or until the the garlic is done (but not crispy or brown, aka burnt).

Then pull out the onions, chop them up and throw those tear jerker's along with the mushrooms, olives and the green peppers into the mix, and up the flame to medium heat . Cook for about 15 min or until the onions are transparent.

Then put in the paste, water, sugar pepper and salt and stir it together and up the heat to high and cook for about 25min stirring frequently and then, voila! Make sure the pasta is ready around the same time. Bon appetit.

4 comments:

babylove said...

Sounds good, but a few Q's. Why tomato paste? You don't boil down Canned tomato? Also, rosemary fresh? or dried?

Junior said...

Good Qs. First I dont have canned or fresh tomatoes. I would certainly use them if did, but I do have a lot of provisioned paste so thats what I use
. I am planning on growing some herbs in the garden but, till then its dried goods only.

Nina said...

Mmm, that looks delicious! Great one to start w/!
Did u chop everything up about the same size, or did u mince/slice the garlic?

Junior said...

I dice the onions. And I chop or rather mince the garlic as fine as I can. And the rest of the veggies I put in there I make them about as big as the onions. If you want a good flavor chop up the onions a bit bigger then you would normaly.