Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Salad dressing.

Here's a really easy but good recipe for salad dressing.
You'll need:
10 tbsp of olive oil(I didn't use it this time, don't tell any one)
7 cloves of garlic
5 tbsp of vinegar
5 tbsp of cooking wine
pepper
1 tbsp of salt
and a few mixed ground herbs

Start by boiling the garlic. Boil for five minutes to ten minutes then mash with a fork. put it a bowl and then throw in the: oil, vinegar, wine, couple shakes of pepper, and the salt. Then last the herbs.
Now this is how you do the herbs. A dear friend of mine named Fay gave me the coolest little herb grinder not too long ago and I use it frequently. I always have on hand this one particular mixture of herbs that I grind into or on top anything from, to dressing. The mixture consists of: thyme, sage, basil, oregano, mint, salt, rosemary and dry parsley. I would suggest for a a medium size grinder about 2 tbsp of each except the thyme and the sage a tsp of both of them is sufficient in my humble opinion. the above mixture is very handy to have around, and if you don't have a grinder in your kitchen I highly recommend that you get yourself one.
All done. Now throw that into the salad and toss it(no wicked thoughts people). Bon apetit'.

2 comments:

kenfrog said...

With all due respect, I think "No wicked thoughts" is a tall order for food lovers.

Nina said...

Does vegetable oil work just as well for this salad dressing? (I won't tell anyone.)