Friday, May 9, 2008

Mushroom cream sauce.


Well it's Friday night again and, as usual, we had guests over for dinner. I usually ask them what they want and this time they asked for spaghetti , but not with tomatoes seeing as Tsutomu's wife is allergic(and soon to give birth to a beautiful baby boy). So I thought about what to make, that I haven't already posted about, and I came up with a mushroom cream sauce recipe(thanks for helping from the spirit world Mom you're the best, muah). They loved it and so did my home.
Here's what you need to make it:
2 heads of finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp of flaked red Chile
4 pinches of rosemary
a couple shake of thyme
a couple shakes of sage
3 small bags of mushrooms(I used locally grown shitake that our neighbors grew, tasted so good)
4 small carrots
3 4ths of a baking cup of flour
2 tbsp of salt
2 tbsp of consome
a couple shakes of pepper
3 cups of water
1.5 liters of whole milk
200 grams of bacon
5 bay leaves
4 tbsp of butter

And here's how you do it: First, put a small pot of water on to boil(big enough to fit 4 carrots), then chop up all that garlic, get out your cooking pan and put in enough oil to cook the garlic, put it on very low heat and let it heat up, then put in the garlic, Chile, herbs leaves. Just let that cook on low for about ten min, or until the garlic is done, cooked but not crispy. While the garlic is going peel and chop those carrots, the water should come to a boil in a few minutes when it does put in the carrots and cook them till they are soft(5 to ten min should be enough), once they're done strain them and let them cool for a bit and then blend them with a cup of water. By this time the garlic should be ready. Throw in the mushrooms and cook on medium for about 5 min, then take the carrot puree and combine it with the garlic and the rest of the water and about two cups of milk. Let that cook on medium for another 15 minutes. Next make a thick paste in a pan with 2 big tbsp of butter, and the rest of the milk, let it come together and do it until it's thick but not lumpy.Then combine it with the rest of the goodies in the other pot, then put in the salt, pepper, consome, cook it for another five min and thats it folks. I loved this sauce, and some time soon I wanna make lasagna with it, I haven't had cream sauce lasagna in years. I'll post when I make it. Bon appetit my friend.

7 comments:

Joan said...

HOLY BEANS!! A man who's into cooking and writes about it...

..that is coooool.

Anonymous said...

the one in the pic looks guuuuud

Aich said...

Oh god your blog makes me so hungry my stomach hurts. Literally. I don't know why I keep coming back.

kobeite said...

OMG, that pasta looks so good JR. why didn't you think of cooking like that when you were living with me?

Junior said...

First of all who are you,I am pretty curious?
And secondly I could have fried an egg if my life depended on it when I was living in Kobe(who ever you are).

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THIS ONE!! can u come over and make it for me some time?

Junior said...

I would love to. where do you live, and to whom do I have the privilage of speaking to?