Thursday, May 8, 2008

"The plump partridges and the hungry man."

Photo courtesy of: PAUL KEMP stock.xchng.hu
Since Christmas time I have been craving Pheasant meat. The song about the 12 days of Christmas, which just so happened to be our resident toddlers favorite at the time, mentioned a partridge in a pear tree. Every time I would hear it my mouth would water as I thought of the sauces and gravy that I could prepare with a good roasted pheasant, every time that song would play it annoyed me so much. The reason it annoyed me was that we've seen pheasants around here so many times and I really wanted to hunt some. Over the past few months I haven't devoted much to those fowl thoughts (pun intended), but then today Me, Mike and Christian saw two , guessed it, pheasants right next to our car, we stopped and opened the door, and they took off, arggghhh. So close yet so far, if only I had a sling shot with me I would have at least gotten one of them, sigh.

3 comments:

nina said...

Beautiful-looking bird.
I've never had pheasant b4; is it like turkey?

Junior said...

I never had it either, but hear that it's better than duck so it must be darn good. I don't like turkey, chicken and duck are far superior in taste and texture just my opinion. i hear pheasant is the best of all game fowl. Sigh, wish I had a few.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I never saw a real live pheasant before...
-Keita