Friday, July 11, 2008

BBQ sauce for summer days.




Tomorrow we're having an awesome guest over at our humble abode tomorrow. We just fixed our BBQ pit, so we're ready to rock this summer and eager to put it to use. I will be out pretty much all day tomorrow so I needed to get the food ready today so I made the sauce and I boiled about two kilos of Inoshishi(Japanese for wild hog) that our neighbor shot and generously gave to us. I really recommend this meat, people, if you haven't had any yet try it!!! Any way here's what you need to make the sauce:

2 heads of garlic
2 small onions
3 small whole dried red chiles
2.5 cups of vinegar
1 piece of ginger
4 cups of Worcestershire sauce
4 cups of blue berry jam
1.5 tbsp of salt
a few shakes of pepper
1 lemon
3 tbsp of brown sugar
2 cans of pine apple
2 cups of ketchup

And here's how you do it: get a pot and put in all the vinegar heat it till it boils. While it's heating up chop and blend the: garlic, onions, pineapple, ginger and chile and throw it in once its boiled. let the whole thing boil for about ten min, once it does throw all the rest of the ingredients and let it cook for another 20 min, and thats that.

12 comments:

Marz said...

I think you're hot too....haha Come to the HCS and visit....us
-Marz

Junior said...

Haha! Who's been telling you things? I love the HCS and I would really like to go there, it's just so far out of the way, sigh. But yeah, I'll try to make it there again some time in the next couple months

babylove said...

Maaaaan, Inoshi-shi for real? I've read about some good things in Italian recipes with it. Can you send me a hunk? hee hee.

I'll try your BBQ sauce, I dig any BBQ sauce with fruit or berries. Beautiful.

Keep the recipes coming, Mr. Manly!

Junior said...

I would give you some if there was any left. But be careful with the blue berrry jam. The stuff I used was unique so it may need to be changed to go with what you have.

Nina said...

Inoshishi, whoa! Are there a lot of those around? I guess the meat wld be a lot healthier than pork, since it's wild & probably eats a more natural, wholesome diet. Oh wait, your neighbor didn't shoot it for getting into his gomi, did he?

That BBQ sauce sounds kinda Hawaiian; did u base it off of a diff recipe, or come up w/ all that from scratch?

Junior said...

There's a lot around here for sure. They got in the farmers fields from time to time so all the farmers put up electric fences. And yeah, the meat is probably the healthiest I have ever eaten, the reason being the beef and chicken, when raised commercially, are given hormone and steroid shots and other things to that are very unhealthy for human consumption.
I don't know about that, I think he just shot it for food.
And yeah I based it off a few other recipes I saw and I came up with this one.

Skunk said...

Cheeky Christian you disapproved Jodi's comment. I just wanted to let you know that I would happily try anything you made, since your food always sounds and looks like it tastes good. Love you! I will post on my blog soon!

Junior said...

I don't remember Jodi commenting, and If she I would have approved it for sure. Thanks sis. I love you. I saw pics when i went to visit dad. You and Jodi looked great. Praying for you, Mwuah!

babylove said...

Aaaand, Jr, that pic of you BBQing looks so much more cool & manly than a pic of me BBQing!! Sigh!

Junior said...

I would way rather see a hot chick cooking then a big buff guy for sure.

Anonymous said...

junyyy! please write something about yourself then these narly menus! Whats happening over in toyota?

Junior said...

This blog is about food. If you want something about me then go to hi5. Btwm I'm sick as dog and I have a fever.